- The team with the highest number of average steps logged with Vision Australia at the end of the Challenge. The total number of steps taken by the team will be divided by the number of people in the team to find the average steps taken. This means that teams of different sizes can compete on a level playing field.
- The individual with the highest steps by the end of the challenge
- The best story and/or photo shared on the 'Tell Your Story' section of this page.
- Encouraging team members to be active
- Ensuring team members are wearing pedometers or activity trackers
- Ensuring team members are recording their steps on the Participate Vision Australia website every week
- Collating any team members results and submitting the results by the due date on the Participate Vision Australia website
- Viewing team progress and updating your team mates
How are the prizes awarded?
All prizes will be awarded after the conclusion of the Challenge. Prizes will be awarded to:
How fit do I have to be to participate?
You don’t need to be an athlete to participate, and we encourage everyone to give it a go and start at their own level. You should notice your fitness levels improving as you go through the challenge. If you have any health concerns, please consult with your healthcare professional before participating.
When do I have to log my steps?
Your steps are required to be entered via the Participate Vision Australia website by 5pm (AEST) every Monday during the challenge. This means the 12th, 19th and 26th of October and 2nd November 2020.
If you are unable to log your steps please send them to your Team Captain, who can log them on your behalf.
Can I convert other exercise to steps?
Yes! The good news is that other forms of exercise you may do during the week can be converted into steps. Check out our guide here to read how to convert your minutes of physical activity into steps.
What are my responsibilities as a Team Captain?
Your leadership, encouragement and enthusiasm will have a very strong influence on the success of the participants in your team during your challenge. As a Team Captain, you are responsible for:
How do I count my steps?
The challenge requires you to bring your own pedometer or fitness tracker. Pedometers or fitness trackers will record the number of steps you take each day. You are required to utilise your chosen device for the duration of the challenge.
Check out the Guide to Pedometers and Fitness Trackers or the Guide to Accessible Pedometers and Fitness Trackers for more information.